Skip to main content

Summer Hello

Hairqueen News:

Gosh the year is flying by!  And, as probably can be predicted life for me is the same and different.  For the first half of this past year I was swept up in wedding fever, my daughter was married on June 3, yippee! 

My daughter the bride


It was a new experience for me to be the mother of the bride and a member of the wedding party, rather than one of the hair stylists busily preparing the bride and the wedding party for the big day.

Me mother of the bride

Speaking of Summer: 

  • Are you ready for a summer cut and color? 
  • Is it time to go short and sassy for the long summer days?  
  • How about a few highlights or lowlights, or a splash of bold color just for fun? 

Did you hear that the perm is back?  

I did loads of perms in the 80’s; so I’m your girl if you need a curl or two!  And, I can offer the opposite, how about smoothing out those natural waves for a smoother less bulky head of hair? 

Let’s consult!  To book an appointment; https://www.vagaro.com/suzannevanhouten or contact me at 510-545-2955.  

 

Promotion Of The Month:



 

Runs Businesses With Scissors:

Are you a business owner?

First breathe, then pat yourself on the back for making it to the mid point of the year.  

Earlier this year my marketing person resigned for personal reasons.  I took a marketing break for a few months.  I recently started working with a new marketing assistant, Sara; we have planned out the next three months of salon promotions, reviewed my social media strategy and set up our next quarterly meeting.  I cannot do this part alone.  

Now that Sara is handling this area of my business I can focus on the remainder of the year and the who, what, why, where, how and when I can grow my businesses.

Thank goodness Swans Studios is going strong, yet it is also the same and different. 

This past January, La Tasha Lathen joined us.  La Tasha is a curly hair expert, check out her website, https://www.hairapysession.com.

Our other stylist, Marisa and I are staying the course for now, enjoying our wonderful clients and the stability of many years behind-the-chair.  So I know what that means, this is the time for me to take stock and plan for the remainder of 2017. 

I need a team.  My team consists of my coach, my virtual assistant, my salon assistant and my colleagues.  Who’s on your team?  I’d love to hear about your situation today.  

To book a Consulting Appointment, email me at suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or call me at 510-545-2955.


Till next time,  I do hope you are planning to take some time off over the summer.  It is important to recharge our batteries before the busy Fall and Holiday Seasons.  





Stay cool and enjoy the sun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Wonderful Decade

 HairQueen News It is with joy and a little sorrow that I after a fantastic ten year run I am announcing the closing of Swans Studios. Thank You Swans Studios My lease is up, I’m retired from my full-time career and now it’s time to close my brick-and-mortar business doors. The good news is that 936B Clay Street will reopen under new ownership by Diane Zelaya, my long-time associate and friend.  Congratulations Diane Join me in wishing Diane well in her new business endeavor and me well in this phase of my retirement plan. Don't worry I will continue to do my one-day-a-week V.I.P. Client Day at Diane’s Studios, Bay Vibrant. You can't get rid of me and Never My contact information remains the same. If you would like to rotate into my one-day-a-week schedule call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.  Happy End of Summer!

Miss You

HairQueen News The past six months since I stepped into semi-retirement life have flown by! My new schedule of one-day-a-week continues to be working out.  I truly do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.  There have been times that I have grieved this change and times I pinch myself in gratitude for this change, especially for the time with my granddaughters.  I continue to offer my gray hair transition specialty service. If you or someone you know is ready to embrace their grey, I would love the referral. Check out this article here for more details . For information re my one-day-a-week schedule and for future appointments with me call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.                                   Swans Studios There are changes in the air at Swans Studios, I am looking for someone to share my studio and for someone to rent our third studio, please pass the word. Here’s a link to the ad on Craigslist. Come Join

Salon Suite Opportunity

HairQueen News Hello, I hope your 2023 is off to a good start! I trust you had a lovely holiday season, seems like an age ago now?  My very best wishes to you for a peaceful and delightful 2023. My holiday season was festive and especially fun with a one year old and a three and half year old, (granddaughters are the best.) I cannot help but marvel at how little time I seemed to have with my new “tip of my scissors schedule”, as I prepped for the holidays and wrapped up the year for Swans Studios.  Its true retirement life is a busy life. My new schedule of one-day-a-week is working out so far.  I do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.   I know you are in good hands. I appreciate the love, on-going support and good wishes. Swans Studios News I am now looking for a new person to join Swans Studios. I would to find someone wonderful to share my studio since I am no longer there full-time and it’s an amazing place to work. If you know any hair stylists, ready f